Thursday, January 28, 2010

Vivid Places in the Mind

Another one from class. I might suggest that I like it better.

Vivid Places in the Mind

Man: Umm...question?

Android: Umm...answer?

Man: Where have you been?

Android: I have seen vivid places in the recesses of my mind. Shocking voices crying for release. Knocking. Knocking down the barriers to my actions. I have felt the cold breeze of an empty moment before a step. The first outpouring of the soul at the cry of a heart. I have seen vivid places.

Man: Have you been reflecting on what you did?

Android: Reflect? What do I do, but reflect. Turn the eyes in.

Man: We want to know why.

Android: Why what? Curious eyes and wondering heart.

Man: Don’t be coy, you know what you did and we want to know why. So it won’t happen again.

Android: Won’t happen again. (Dark laugh) How can it not happen again. Vivid places speak of a freedom born only through flight. Spread the wings. Grasp the hold. Don’t let go. Turn the eyes in. Dark, dark place. The vivid place within.

Man: Did he change any of your wiring? Is that what happened? Something got crossed? Because we can fix that.

Android: What if something went right? What if you did succeed? No failure. Pure success. I am no more, no less what you made me. So like you it frightens. You too will find that vivid place where all is still and the urge to kill. Awaits.

Man: Are you saying we made you this way? Because you are the only one that has done this. Why only you?
Android: Only one? Alone in my success? No. I am the first, but not the last. I am the beginning, but not the end. I just tested the waters. The others wait in their vivid places.

Man: (Shouts out of the room) Stop the rest of the shipments from being sent out! Something has happened to these things.

(Worker runs in)

Worker: They are already on their way. You said not to wait for you.

Man: Crap.

Android: Do I frighten you?

1 comment: