Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sibling Split

This apparently should be part of a larger work, according to my teacher. Perhaps it will. Stay tuned.

Sibling Split

Sibling Split
Sam: Talk to me.

Kelsey (sister): What’s there to talk about?

Sam: You know I had nothing to do with the accident. I don’t even recall where I was at the time. Please don’t shut me out. Please.

Kelsey (sister): Accident? That’s what you’re calling it now? Hardly seems an accident to me when they found the murder weapon on the scene. You are just trying to cozy up to me before they find your fingerprints all over the knife.

Sam: That’s uncalled for! I have always done the best for you. I told you I didn’t like your boyfriend, but would that really drive me to kill him?

Kelsey: I don’t know! What did drive you to kill him? You tell me.

Sam: Please don’t do this to me. Everyone else already thinks it was me. Don’t you do this to me. I need someone to believe me.

Kelsey: (Getting real cross now) Need someone to believe in you? I did Sam. (Pause) And all you did was go on proving me wrong.

Sam: I’ve changed. Even you have to admit I’ve changed. I don’t expect you to leap into my arms, but a little support from the only one I have left would sure help.

Kelsey: Oh I’m glad you’ve change...after the fact. Just like every criminal when caught. (Mocking) Sorry I didn’t do anything wrong, but even if I did I’ve changed. Tell that to the prison chaplain. (Moving towards door)

Sam: (Rushing to stop her) Don’t do this. Don’t box yourself behind imaginary lines. Think about this only a minute. Would I really go so far as to hurt my only friend left in the world? Even if I did despise her boyfriend.

Kelsey: Here we go again.

Sam: Who has every reason to split us up? Is it the man who stands to benefit the most from it or your own brother?

Kelsey: How dare you blame Mike for this? You know that from the day our parents died he has taken care of us. You know we could never run the company without him.

Sam: (Sad) Exactly. (Pause) Exactly.

No comments:

Post a Comment